John Bovill, IT & e-commerce director, Monsoon Accessorize
1. What is the greatest opportunity for your business?
Deliver what the customer wants.
2. What is the biggest challenge to your business?
Continue to be relevant to customers.
3. With the benefit of hindsight what would you have done differently so far?
Agreed a naming convention with my boss (John Browett, CEO). Guess who is little John?
4. What is the future of the physical store?
Delight, inspire and serve the customers, within a better store environment, better store experience, a seamless, positive and consistent digital offer, with a clear tone of voice.
5. What will the high street look like in a decade?
Different to today, Britain is a “nation of shopkeepers” so we are ideally placed to adapt to the changing retail landscape.
6. Will mobile devices be the primary sales channel in the future?
Product and People will drive sales, irrelevant of the sales channel.
7. What other retail business do you admire?
ASOS, Zalando, Next, Amazon, Anthropologie etcetera. They are confident and they deliver.
8. If you hadn’t been a retailer what would you have liked to do?
Grape grower and winemaker.
9. What marks out of 10 do you give yourself so far for achievement?
Ten for the team, I am blessed with. You learn more from others than you will ever teach them yourself.
10. Who would you place in the Top 20 Multi-channel/e-commerce Movers & Shakers?
Ask the customer as that is the only voice that matters.