Robin Phillips, director of e-commerce, Waitrose
1. What is the greatest opportunity for your business?
Making the brand more accessible to more customers.
2. What is the biggest challenge to your business?
The market has never been more competitive.
3. With the benefit of hindsight what would you have done differently so far?
Gone faster with mobile.
4. What is the future of the physical store?
As an experiential destination as well as an online and collection fulfilment centre.
5. What will the high street look like in a decade?
Busy and thriving – a mixture of sensory/fun and the practical – as well as collection and returns outlets.
6. Will mobile devices be the primary sales channel in the future?
We will stop thinking about channels and more about what is the right experience for that customer at that touch-point.
7. What other retail business do you admire?
Amazon for the breadth of its vision.
8. If you had not been a retailer what would you have liked to do?
9. What marks out of 10 do you give yourself so far for achievement?
I’ll let others be the judge of that.
10. Who would you place in the Top 25 Multi-channel/e-commerce Movers & Shakers?
Laura Wade-Gery – bravely transforming a very traditional retailer (Marks & Spencer).